I’ve often said it’s easier to buy a nuclear warhead than USTs, at least in North Carolina.

You must have:

  • Bill of Sale or General Warranty Deed signed by seller and buyer
  • UST-15 pp1 for Seller signed AND notarized
  • UST-15 pp2 for Buyer signed AND notarized
  • Proof Seller can sign for their corporation
  • Proof Buyer can sign for their corporation
  • UST-8 signed by buyer
  • Proof of financial responsibility: usually a special:
    • UST insurance policy or
    • Self insurance (with a CPA generated compilation report)
      • CFO letter with all financial numbers entered and calculations made
      • NC Certificate of Financial Responsibility signed by the buyer and notarized

If all your I’s aren’t dotted and your t’s crossed you will get it back without changing the ownership. Remember you cannot sell fuel on the seller’s old permit!

We can help. We are familiar with the forms and other documents needed. We have learned by making all the mistakes that details matter. There is a difference between “and” and “&”, “Inc.” and “Incorporated”.